The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIZU!

I've said it many times tonight and I'll say it once more: GIANTS BABY!!!! WORLD SERIES!!! Oh what a glorious day it is that the Giants win at home and move on to the World Series. The last time this happened I was 8 and the whole thing was mucked up by earthquake. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. But oh how exciting it shall be. The games will be good, the outcomes better (that is, the Giants winning) and I will gloat happily to Pat, and try ever so slightly to rub it in the face of that guy in my class who I'm pretty sure thinks I'm a poser. [Aww, ya sad the A's aren't in it?? Even sadder that you're from Sac and don't have a team to call your own?? Awwwawww...] Earlier in the evening as I was watching the game I thought about how this might all be a rant about the third base umpire and how he cost the Giants everything. But I can forgive you Jeff Nelson, you and your bad calls. All was right with the baseball world as Kenny Lofton knocked a shallow one to center and David Bell took off, rounded third, slide his way home, and slide the Giants into the World Series. Ahhhhh.. a sigh and a smile....

That was basically the highlight of the day. I don't know what else there is to say. Can't think of another rhym, to my dismay. Ooh but there I go again, rhymin.. in the hay? Alright I'm dumb. This is long established. Who are we kidding? I know I'm kidding myself if I think it's gonna be easy getting up for class tomorrow. The whole other half of my apartment is sleeping. How is this possible? I'm the one that had early class this morning and then wore myself out running and jumping around the aparment yelling "World Series!!! World Series!!" (No joke. I think the whole building knows I'm a Giants fan.) Anyway, I guess I should go to bed and have visions of World Series champs dance in my head. (Those would of course be visions of the Giants.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home