The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Earlier today I was asked if I was afraid to download things from Kazaa now. I said no, because the truth is, I'm not. I have that invincible mentality as far as my pirated software and music is concern. But today Kazaa got the better of me. No, my computer wasn't infected with some virus to wipe out my entire hard drive, nor did the FBI bust down my front door to confiscate my little laptop, but I was still bested. I was trying to download as much of the new John Mayer album as possible (due in stores tomorro! go get it!) because I spent a good while listening to it on MTV's The Leak (No, that's not a plug for MTV. I swear that's the only good thing they've done in years.. but whatever..) and decided I should try to get some of the songs tonight... because I really just can't bare to wait any longer..?? Anyway, so I started to download pretty much the entire ablum and managed to get a good seven or so songs. I added them to my playlist with a quickness and was all excited to start playing them, learning the words, obsessing.. the usual stuff. So I play the first one. Whaddaknow.. it's accoustic Your Body Is A Wonderland.. So I play the next one. Again, YBISW. And the next, and then next, and still the next. I get to the final song and much to my delight, Bigger Than My Body actually starts to play. So I'm happy for 20 seconds until I'm met with an incrediblely horrible screeching noise. The only thing that sounded worse was the sound of my poor heart breaking as I realized that I was entirely without new John Mayer material and all the solace and comfort I had hoped t find in it in the next few hours was lost. Now the only thing I have to take comfort in is old material and fudge. Not that there is anything wrong with either of those. They just aren't the new album, that's all.

Heavier Things by John Mayer in stores September 9th. Go get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home