It's tuesday of finals week. Only a few more days to go. One more paper due wednesday and that is the end of my undergraduate career. A few days after that is graduation and then.. well... Goodbye to youth... Although even without that, as of late I've been told I'm "old." Screw you guys. Just kidding, I love you guys.. most of the time.. when you're not talking.. and asleep.. in another town.. Anyway, so this whole college thing is almost over and I can tell it's stressing me because my saliva is less than watery. (Thanks Dr. Goins!) Graduation in and of itself is a subject of stress for me, and then the whole what to do with the rest of my life is a bit of a sore spot too. More and more I feel like I want to stay here, even if just for a little longer. But I have no reason to. Although it's been pointed out that I have no reason to go home either, and I must say, that point is not without its merit. Something to consider I suppose but I doubt it'll happen.
Finals aren't going so bad. It's good not to have in-class. I had a paper yesteday that I finished by the skin of my teeth. I'm inclined to say that I should stop cutting it so close and writing things at the last minute but I've only got one more paper ever so what's a little more procrastination? My final editing project went over way better than I thought it would. She liked it. She actually liked it. Who knew?? Except she liked it so much that she wants to show it at this end of the year screening so now I have to go to that instead of getting my drink on. Century Club/Power Hour will have to wait a few hours. Good thing for me I'm probably only gonna make it til like 5.. that shouldn't take long.
Despite the shitty weather outside, my room has been prettied up thanks to Joey and Pat. =o) Flowers pretty... yay.
Can you tell that I don't know what to do with myself? I turned in my final project today and that was relief5000 and then I came home and slept forever, and now here I am not wanting to start my last paper, and not able to cuz my reader is on loan, so I don't really know what to do with myself. Why do I feel like this is going to be the rest of my life? Or at least for a while after graduation...
Does graduation make anyone else wanna say things they probably shouldn't and will regret later? Or things that probably just don't need to be said. But for whatever sentimenal/parting ways/last hurrah/just in case reasons, you want to..? Just curious.
The sun is mildly out so I think I'll get my ass back out of the pjs and go buy Shrek.. in the name of finals of course. It's good to have to write about cartoons.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home