I meant to get up early this morning so I could run out and buy the new John Mayer album and then run the rest of my errands. I did wake up early. Unforunately, I also went back to sleep and found nothing early about when I got up. I started doin my stuff and all in all the time was made up for since I went with Lisa and there were no buses involved. And in retrospect it was worth staying up later than I had planned last night for a rather interesting conversation/informational session on the nature of guys and the two heads they think with (that being the little one and the big one.. for more on this see Lisa's blog). So I got the new John Mayer album and when I was finally on my way to class I was able to indulge in it. Sadly it doesn't take me that long to get there so I didn't get to go through the whole album. Coming home from class I opted to walk the last leg instead of wait for the bus. It actually would've been faster to wait since the bus passed my by almost immediately, but I didn't care. It was great to be lost in the music bundled in my sweatshirt and jacket, walking home through the dark and fog. It was one of those moments when I could appreciate the cold. There's just something special about the cool damp night air hitting your face with your body all warm, getting lost in the melody and lyrics that more and more are finding their way inside you, bringing out things you hadn't even realized were there. It was just too bad that it was all interrupted when I was walking down the shadey path that is the shortcut into my neighborhood and came upon four somewhat thuggish looking guys. It startled me to say the least, and not to be paranoid, but I was careful to keep alert. A girl's got to be careful. Once I finally let go of the paranoia I was just about home. Now here I am with Heavier Things on repeat... He just does something to me...
Spent a good part of tonight reading my old blogs. Some of them weren't working though. That bugs me. It's interesting to read them over. I know I've said this before because I've read other old stuff over and had the same feelings, but I will say it again: it's weird. It takes me back to that place so quickly and reminds me of so many things that I'd all but forgotten about. They didn't really say anything super special (although there were some with some secret between-the-lines content) so I'm not feeling particularly emotional about anyhting, but I am curious as to what those ones that aren't working say. Maybe I should look into that. Maybe I should go to bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home