The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Sunday, January 04, 2004

How much does it blow to start off the new year sick. I take it as an ominous sign. On the other hand, I'm hoping that if I get this out of the way now then that'll be my sickness for the year. Anyway, the recap:

I think the past few weeks can be summed in two words: Bars and Stones.
I think we all know I'm really not a big drinker and I'm not all that into going out a lot, but as of lately I'd say 80% of my nights have been spent at a place where alcohol has been served, and, for a while, about 60% of my days were spent at least in part at Stonestown. Ah the post-graduate holiday season.
But that's not the real recap... hmm.. where to begin..
A couple weeks back we celebrated Lisa's birthday at the Hush Hush Lounge. Before the drinking/dancing frenzy Lisa, Ali, and I had a lovely, yummy dinner at Charanga. The ceviche was great and oh those mojitos. Yum. As for the bar, let me just say fat Lowell reunion. Hella folks came out that I hadn't seen in forever, and hella folks that I just recently met. But it was really good to see all of them. The line of the night was, "Where's Lisa?" and some how in all of my trying to keep tabs on everyone I forgot to get faded. Oops. But it was good fun.
After that were more nights out at random bars, a break for Christmas Eve dinner, and then a trip to Dragon Lounge for a little Christmas/birthday drinky-drink. Then what? Hmm.. Hit up the Marina for a little yuppy bar hopping and seeing more high school and elementry school people. Then there was the trip up to Sac where I proudly held my own through a half-dozen pitchers of beer, a game of Kings, a short-lived game of quarters (take that Rich!) and a whole lot of numbers game. I think the key to that is to be really good at the numbers game so I never have to drink during that. That helps a lot. Anyway, Sac was good fun, inviting in the random black guy and all, and then it was back to the city for some more I dunno what. Then there was some touristy stuff and entertaining Lin, a chill-ass New Year's Eve party with some drunkish phone calls and a lot of semi-drunken taboo. All of which was followed up by getting sick and lovely dinner with my parents and some family friends. And now here I am and 2004 is just flying by. All of those things might've been a lot more interesting to read about had I written about them in a timely fashion, but oh well. I'll just have to get back into the blogging habit.. or whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home