The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Friday, September 12, 2003

So many little things... I'll start with the most recent..

Stinkin Padres. The Giants played them tonight, the last time the Giants ever play at the Q in SD. They rocked 'em last night, shoulda done the same tonight, right? Yeah except they didn't. It wasn't a bad game. Even went to 10. That was cool. And it was especially cool when JT Hottie hit the solo hr to put us up. Which, by the way, I felt coming. He was hitless all night and I just felt that it was the sweet at-bat for him. So he hits it out. And of course the cut the bleachers to see who catches it. I paid a little extra attention because I was told to look out for someone at the game. So I looked. At this point it would make sense if I said I saw said person as they caught the ball and whoa isn't that weird. Yeah, that would make sense. Except that didn't happen. Instead, the guy who caught the ball was a guy who I'd sort of met a couple of times and who was in HELLA of my comm classes in college. wtf?? I was really not expecting that. In fact, come to think of it, I hadn't ever expected to see that guy again, let alone catching JT Hottie's hr ball on tv! Anyway, in case you care, the Giants then went on to lose 4-5 in the 10th. I had a feeling... I figured that it would either be three up, three down and we'd walk away with it easy, OR, if they got on, that was the end of it for us. They got on. Damn that.

Spent a good few hours at the beach getting more than my daily requirement of vitamin D. Now I don't have to drink milk! Yay. Take that dairy farmers of America. The only problem now is that I could do with some vitamin E and aloe if ya know what I'm sayin.. Yeah, may have underestimated the hue and and saturation of my skin tone. It's that bright outdoor light. Tricksy. The beach was great though. Haven't really been to the beach just to sit and sun in far, far too long (especially considering where I used to live. What the hell were we doing??) While at the beach I saw an abundance of babies and dogs, the two populations that never have to work, as Lisa put it. Apparently having one or both of the aforementioned was a pre-req to the beach today. I didn't get the memo about that, but Lisa said she did. I think that's why I was there.. or something.. *raised eyebrow.* Sitting at the beach I really wished I had taken advantage of the beaches in San Diego. I could've learned to frickin surf, or at the very least had a better tan. One of the more regrettable things of my college career. Among others. Which I also spent a bit of time considering while I watched the dogs, the parasurfers, and the parade of sailboays, all with John Mayer lulling me into a beachy, contemplative trance. Which of course resulted in the sunburn. Good with the bad I guess..

Got a letter from Nina today. (Haay Nina! Now I know you're reading my blogs!) That was fun and exciting. I think I'm going to try to correspond with more people via letter. I tried to start up some email ones with a couple people the other day but I haven't gotten anything back. Probably won't either. Letters are even more unlikely but at least I'd have a reason to break out the stationary every once in a while. Let's see how long I can keep at this, be it email or regular mail...

"Interview" tomorrow. Should probably get to sleep soon. And by "interview" I don't mean secret-love-affair-rendezvous, I mean it's not a serious interview and it's really more of a meeting but I definitely need to suck up like it's an interview. Regardless, I should get to bed soon. All that relaxing at the beach was tiring. Who knew vitamin D intake could take some much out of you.

"What is the opposite of 'empowerment,' Freesia?"
"Yup, that's what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home