The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Monday, March 15, 2004

Good Deed

I was walking home along my usual shortcut path when all of a sudden a phone started ringing really loud really close to me. I was alone and it wasn't mine so it freaked me out a little. So I turned and found a cell phone face down in the grass ringing it's little Nokia heart out. I picked it up and saw that it was a blocked number. I wasn't exactly sure what to do so I let it ring and be missed call number 11. Then I went through it. I couldn't not go through it. I had to look through it for some sort of "Home" number or "Dad's cell" or something like that. Plus I couldn't help but wonder what kind of person this lost phone belonged to; did they have last names? Use capital letters? Abbreviations? I had to know. So I looked. Clearly belonged to a guy, someone a little bit ghetto and a little bit younger than me. Then I thought briefly about how I would go about returning said phone. Which number to call, mom or dad, etc. Then I thought about keeping the phone. If I could use it, have an extra phone, sell it maybe. Instead I came home, tossed it down and forgot about it. But then it rang again and I picked up. The guy (ha! I was right!) said he lost is phone, where did I find it, could he pick it up, $20, blah blah blah. So he came and got it, I was right about him being younger and a little bit ghetto, and I didn't take the $20. It would've been nice to have an extra $20 but I just didn't see the point. I didn't really do anything. I picked up his phone and then said he could get it back. There was no effort on my part, why should I take this kid's money? Plus, if someone found my phone I'd want them to give it back. So that was my good deed for the day (month).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home