Last blog pre-Hawaii. Holla at Hawaii! Even though I should be, I'm not excited yet. As I explained to someone earlier, I live my life anticipating the bad, so it's hard to get excited when all I can think of is being with my whole family immediate family, plus some extended family, and Lisa all for a week, and literally stuck on an island. I'm sure it will be fine, but there will no doubt be moments. Also, I'm a terrible terrible packer and I fear that I will come to regret all my wardrobe choices. Although I suppose that so long as I have a swimsuit I'm set.
Anyway, enough about my unfounded, irrational fears. Didn't do much this weekend except do a little more shopping for the trip and try to mentally pack and prepare myself. Did, however, go out Friday night. Went out with the usual crew that no one really knows I'm in. We had passes to this place called Paradise Lounge but we had to get there before 11. Silly us got there at 10:15. I do not recommend getting to any bar/club this early to anyone unless you plan to not dance, drink a little, and leave before it even gets good. We basically had some drinks and sat/stood around for like an hour while it started to fill up some so we could dance. In the meantime, we missed like the best set of my life. I honestly couldn't tell you what was played except I do remember there was some Buffy "Give Me," some Prince, old school Madonna, and the ultimate kicker, "White Lines." It was hot. Unfortunately I was the only one feelin it. Figures. Anyway, spent the rest of the night eyeing a couple guys; one turned out to be Korean (I didn't talk to him, but there was a look, trust me) and a Hapa guy who, as I suspected, turned out to be a bad dancer. I got bit on the hand and there was a bit of unnecessary fliriting but hey I'm single as ever (so lay off!). We were supposed to meet up with Lisa, Ali and Cherry, but for some reason didn't. (I'm honestly not sure why..)
Saturday I went shopping with my mom a bit. We went to Goodwill cuz she wanted yarn, or something about knitting, I'm not sure.. but I ended up spending at least half an hour looking at used books. I found a hardback cover of "Bridget Jones's Diary" which I bought for $2 because I lent my copy to an old roommate and never got it back. I also got Jerry Seinfeld's autobiography cuz I figured it'd be pretty funny.. also $2. But the thing that excited me the most, even though there's a very good chance that I won't ever finish it, if I even read much of it at all, is this book called "Leonardo Da Vinci's Notebooks." It's basically a compilation of his research on the human body, on other science stuff, some of his prophecies, philospohical stuff, etc. But the kicker (for me at least) is that it was published in 1923. I bought an 80-year-old book for $2! I love it. Geeky as hell, but I love it!
I've got some things to think about now. I've been thinking about them for a while, and I will have plenty more time to think about them in Hawaii, but I'm also going to think about them now.
So, until I get back from Hawaii....
[Day 8.]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home