The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Lately I've been nostalgic as hell. I thought it would pass but it hasn't. I can't look at a silver Xterra without getting a little teary-eyed. Aside from the people themselves, there are so many things that remind me of the people and of good times that I can't help but be reminded of it constantly. So just for my own trip down memory lane, here's a list of some of the things I miss about San Diego:

- Silver Xterra, silver Volvo, white Accord, green Tacoma, navy Corolla... my fleet.
- Roxy.
- Carne fries! (I can't stress this enough.)
- My desk (although I know it's got a good home.)
- Blue blankets.
- A stickered coffee table
- Long talks in the parking lot/in front of my apt.
- Running other people's errands.
- Geisel, 5th floor, West corner.
- Pat making me bagels.
- "In Da Club" on the radio pulling out of the Santana's drive through.
- Hella hours of DVDs.
- Believe it or not, boys yelling about up-hits and combos and smashes. (That one goes out to Mars and Fox in the 4-1-5 and 8-5-8, respectively.)
- Puzzles.
- My closet.
- The smell of the laundry room.
- Sitting on Pat's bed whining about various things.
- Calls from Tiff to check up on the progress of my paper.
- Random slumber parties.
- Curry.
- Spaghetti. *sigh*
- Billy's dictionary.
- Wednesday nights at Seau's/red hat sushi chef
- Impulse shoes buys at Nordstom Rack with Joey.
- Uncle Kenny and his repitoire.
- Giggles.
- "Tink. Tink. Tink."
- Late movies in the middle of the week in near empty theaters.
- "What are the saying??? What are they saying???"
- Grandma's cooking.
- Full-sized beds that I wasn't supposed to fall asleep on.
- Two pizzas: one hawaiian, one sausage and mushroom.
- The shirtless neighbor who drove me crazy.. in a good way.
- HELLA grocery shopping.
- Minute Maid Fruit Punch
- "Secret" rendezvous.
- Wake up calls.
- "Frou-frous."
- nights out in the SDSU hood.
- Walks to UTC on warm days
- Walks around the biggest block ever on warm nights.
- Absolutely living in my reefs.
- Muffin envy.
- Taco-burritos.
- Cutting class to eat/see a movie/go to the comic store/go to the post office/etc.
- The Little One, HBF, Love-of-my-Life Jr., Y-E-E, Eating Disorders... *sigh*
- The Cave
- Vaulted ceilings.
- Getting advice from Eric.
- BUNNIES!
- Doyle at dusk and daybreak.
- Curling up on the little couch with the slump in the middle.
- Hanging out from the middle of the night to early the next morning, or late the next afternoon.
- Talking way too late into the night.
- Good-bye hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home