The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Sunday, March 28, 2004

How I Spent My Spring Break

Oh wait, I didn't have a spring break. Everyone else did. Although I guess every day is break for my lazy, unemployed ass... Anyway, the week can be summed up in a few words: Tomv1, movies, INteresting..., and "chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot PIIIE."

Actually, I can't remember all of the week. Some of the days are a blur and are just beyond recollection (Tuesday. Did I even do anything?) But basically I spent more time with Tomv1 in a week than I have in the course of a few months. There was shopping and eating and a sizeable sum of money was spent, as per usual with Male Me.

So movies haven't really been happening for me. There have, no doubt, been ones I wanted to see, but since "Last Samuri" (which, for the record, I did NOT want to see, and didn't particularly enjoy) it just wasn't happening. Broke the streak though when we saw "Starsky and Hutch" and then "Eternal Sunshine." If you're wondering about "Starsky and Hutch" all I'm gonna say is "DO IT.... Do it, Do it." As for "Eternal Sunshine," with the exception of the ridiculously uncomfortable seats (!?) I really liked it. It wasn't necessarily "hiliarious" like the commercials would have you believe, but it was funny. It had its LOL moments. But mostly it was just really good. (Sam probably says it better.) Initially I was really impressed by the look of everything, the colors, the shots, the effects. Somewhere in the back of my mind was the White Stripes video and that one with the yarn. Michele Gondry.. good, good shit. After a while though I gave it all up for the story and the message. Or at least what I wanted the message to be.

And here's what I thought: What if I could erase someone from my memory? Would I do it? And who would it be? I think this is the point in the blog where I'm supposed to say, no, I wouldn't do it. Those experiences made me who I am and I took something away from each and every person and blah blah blah crap like that. But I'm not sure that's true. I won't name names but I think there might be at least one person that I could've done without. The experiences, relatively speaking, were not all that great, had little, if any, positive effect, and pretty much just screwed me up even more. So maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have all that just erased from my memory. As it is I don't care to make any new memories with said person. And I could really use the free space.

Anyway, I've had some strange dreams again. Nothing too crazy, just mad geeky and riddled with cameos. I won't get into the geeky part cuz it's just too embarassing, but the cameos have been weird. There was an appearance by someone I really don't know at all who, in my dream, was far cooler and better looking than in real life. There were friends I've known for years and who I see all the time. There was a conversation with Mr. X about Ms. Y's new bf, except that Mr. X IS Ms. Y's new bf, but in the dream he wasn't. And there was the long phone conversation with a certain someone that was oh-so reminiscent of phone conversations of yore, and ones that I'd like to have again in the future. There was some other stuff too but it's gone now. But it was all very interesting.

What else.. Hmm.. Went to the Nor-Cal Book Awards at the Main Library. Went on a whim but it turned out to be cool. Discovered a few books I'd like to read once this reading machine gets back to full speed. Speaking of, give me more recommendations.

I've got more jumbled thoughts to ramble on about like a chattering monkey (although not all of them suitable for this public forum), but right now I've gotta watch "Dirty Dancing." Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home