The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I found the most annoying girl in the world. And if I'm lucky, I'll never, ever come across her again for as long as I live. I went to see "Lady Killers" the other night--which, by the way, was pretty funny. It was late and it was a Sunday night so there weren't that many people in the theater. There was a group of four seniors in high school/freshmen in college looking Asian kids, two girls, two guys. They sat in the row in front of us and just to the left. I wanted to beat them. Well, just the one. At the end of every preview when it said "Summer" or "July 2004" or whatever the release date was, Little Ms. Annoying had to go and read it out loud, really loud. And then after the Best Buy sponsored Turn off your cell phone bit, she declared, for the whole theater to hear, "Thas mah Best Buy." I think by that point I started grumbling things and was happy when a guy near buy shushed her really loudly. I hoped, foolishly, that once the movie started she would shut the hell up. I was wrong. She clapped during musical parts, talked loudly, and laughed way to long and way to loud at things that really weren't that funny. I couldn't help myself and started grumbling "Shut the fuck up" loud enough for one of her friends to hear in hopes that he would pass the message along. No such luck. She just kept at it the whole damn movie, thus bringing down the entire movie watching experience. When the movie was over I had to get the hell of there before I saw her group, figured out which one she was, and told her off.
The thing about it that I don't understand is, WHY?! WHY!?! How do her friends put up with her? How have they not told her to shut the hell up? How do they still see movies with her? And what on earth would posses her to do such a thing? Who or what along the way gave her the idea that this was somehow an acceptable thing to do, that it was cute and attractive, that people wouldn't wanna slap her silly? I just don't understand. And as for the guy who we presumed to be her boyfriend, HOW ARE YOU WITH HER!? There are, undoubtedly, a lot of things that annoy me, but this was, by far, the most annoying in a very, very long time.
And I just had to get that off my chest.

ps. I didn't do shit all day today or yesterday. I really need a life. Anyone wanna hit the museums and zoo with me on the free days? Or take me out and buy me dinner? =o) kidding (mostly).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home