The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I've literally waited a year to make this list.

Books completed in '04:
Middlesex - Jeffery Euginides
The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri
The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown
James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl
Talking it Over - Julian Barnes
Man and Boy - Tony Parsons
Kokoro - Natsume Soseki
Series of Unfortunate Events: Bad Beginnings - Lemony Snicket
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - JK Rowling
Love, Etc - Julian Barnes
Orchid Fever - Eric Hansen
A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress - Dai Sijie
Digital Fortress - Dan Brown
Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
My Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
Sein Language - Jerry Seinfeld
American Knees - Shawn Wong
Snow Falling on Cedars - David Guterson
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl
English Patient - Michael Ondaatje
Wide Sargasso Sea - Jean Rhys
Don't Think of An Elephant: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate - George Lakoff

At the beginning of last year I was in a reading frenzy and thought I'd get through more books than this but there was a huge drop off in the fall, not to mention some time wasted on Crime and Punishment. (I'll get back to that eventually.)
The reading fad is still in effect this year but it's much less of a frenzy. Plus I'm gonna tackle some of the more daunting ones like Crime and Punishment and the entire LOTR in one giant book. I'm also going for some of those classics that I should have read long ago but through the fault of public school I didn't. (Kidding!)

Oh in case you're wondering, of the ones I read in '04, here are a few I HIGHLY recommend:
Middlesex, The Namesake, The Lovely Bones A Million Little Pieces, Ishmael, My Ishmael, (I don't consider that self-promotion, I consider that Sam-promotion) Snow Falling on Cedars, Don't Think of an Elephant: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate.

As always, if anyone wants to recommend something, I'm listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home