The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Sunday, September 19, 2004

VEGAS BABY! Part II

I decided that my blog about Vegas wasn't good enough because if I didn't write more than I wouldn't remember what we did later on, and if I went back and reread my blog it'd be no help either. So I'm gonna write a more detailed version, just so I can remember it forever and ever, cuz it was just that great. Sigh.

Thursday: Got to Riverside, was HUNGRY. Got carne fries, was HAPPY. Yes, gotta have carne fries every time I'm down south. Gotta love 'em! On the way back to Kat's house I saw wild donkey and some horses and a coyote, and thus began animal weekend. After food Kat and I went on our massive jeans search that didn't end very well, but we managed to spend tons of time at a store that shall remain nameless, but that provided us with plenty of club top options. We had late In-n-Out that night and then, despite mild exhustion, I got sucked into a later game of Hold 'Em. But I won $6 but so it was worth it.

Friday: I had my little heart set on yummy delicious sandwiches but the place was closed (Damn you Simple Simon's. It's sush all over again!) so instead we got yummy delicious barbeque.. hotlinks.. mmm... Kat and I did some more shopping (sorry Jesse) and then went back to her place to get ready for Vegas. (VEGAS!) After some van/car drama we were finally on our way and headed towards the coolest looking lightening show I've ever seen. Lightening show + me and Kat singing whatever Backstreet song popped into our heads = good times!

Friday night: Got to the house in Vegas and went immediately into get ready mode. There was a lot of talk about free clubbing but after all the getting ready, rollin out, getting lost and bathroom whatever we were too late and instead ended up doing a bit of drinking and all the things that come with a fair amount of drinking... The night ended some time around 5 after some late night steak and hashbrowns and stuff.
Highlights of the night: no one getting sick especially me (!), "tin foam," getting the whole car to sing "I Want It That Way," partying with Ali!, "snuggle buddy" (heh), drunken car dancing.

Saturday: Despite having gone to bed at 6am after washing the plastic cups (I wasn't tired) I got up around 8:30 and watched Ocean's 11. That's when we got the idea to figure out who we were in the cast, though we later changed all the parts. We hung out at the house for most of the morning and then when everyone was finally up and ready (and after the groups split) we got yummy pho and then hung out by the pool for a while. Oh and before the pool we stopped by Petco. That was sad. We went to see ferrets and I wanted to get one but couldn't. But what was sad was that there was an adoption fair or whatever going on outside and there were all these dogs in small cages and they all looked so sad and so hot and I wanted to take them all home but I couldn't and it made me sad and it really killed the afternoon for me. Anyway, more chillin in the afternoon and then it was time to place some bets and eat some prime rib. We all put it in our $1 hoping that our $5 bet would turn in to $7500, and then with hopes high we went got our prime rib crab legs on. Oh also, the MGM has this cool little lion exhibit with REAL LIONS. There was a little glass hallway type thing that you could walk into and they were all sleeping on top so you could take pictures from right under them. That was a favorite of mine. That and the jello shots me and Kat did. Ha.

Saturday night: We were determined to make it to free clubbing that night and dammit we did it. We ended up at Risque at Paris. It was smaller than we all thought it would be but the music was good. I only had the one drink that night but I sipped off everyone else (as always) so I managed a good enough buzz. There was lots of dancing and drunken instigation and laughing and mocking of white boy dancing and having no game and more dancing and more drinking. After all that we moved on to the casinos for more drinking and some portugese sausage and eggs and a bunch of gambling--though not on my part cuz I was too tired. Somewhere around 7:30 am the gambling was done and we rolled home for a few hours sleep.
Highlights: Portugese sausage, not cute white girls trying to get up on our boys for drinks.. which led to "Don't ever buy girls drinks" and "If you're gonna try to get a drink from me you better be fucking hot!", being an instigator, faux ego boosts, NOT initiating (Rich!!).

Sunday morning was football morning. Our $75oo payoff wasn't happening basically from the beginning so I didn't really care much about football after that. Eventually we got around to having a late lunch, then napping/watching Shrek, and then finally we cleaned house and got ready to go. But then it was dinner time so we figured we might as well have dinner before we hit the road. We had a last dinner and I did my only real gambling. I won't get into the details of it except to say that I lost $5 and Kat won $70 all at the same moment. Had I followed her I might've won, but we'll just say that if I followed it wouldn't have hit and in the life lessons of things, it was better this way. Sigh. Anyway, that was the end of Vegas and then it was time for the drive home and some interesting discussion about the weekends events.

Monday: SUSH! That says it all. Kat had to go to work so after Rich's boys left in the morning Rich and I had yummy delicious all you can eat sushi... Ahhh sush. Albacore, spider roll... yum! I also learned more about Poker and The Rules of Poker and about Fun hands vs. Tournament Hands etc and I'm ready to put some of my knowledge to the test. Then I pretty much hoped on the plane straight from lunch. To anyone flying Southwest I totally recommend checking in and printing your boarding pass online. It's the greatest.

Anyway, so that was the weekend. As I may have mentioned a time or two before it was GREAT! I effing love Vegas. Can't wait to go back. Though it may have been slightly more fun due to circumstances that probably won't be repeated, I'm thinking that if and when we do go back it'll still be hella freaking fun. Just gotta get another fun ass group of people together.
Big thanks to Kat for her house and an overall good ass time including, but not limited to, good food and drinks, cool ass friends, and fun ass partying; big thanks to Rich for sharing his beers and his knowledge, good lookin out, and cool ass friends; thanks to Jesse for getting me drunk and then sober, being my bodyguard and overall entertainment; big thanks to Jordan for keeping me drunk and being buddies; and of course thanks to Eric for being funny as hell and showing all the gameless boys how it's done. The only question that remains is WHEN ARE WE GOING BACK!?!?

and re: Kat's comment: if it didn't happen in Vegas does that mean it doesn't have to stay in Vegas?? *wink wink*... ahh kidding! fun hand.. just a fun hand..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home