The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Monday, May 03, 2004

Finally. FINALLY. I finally went to a Giants game at Pacbell. =oD I got some free tickets, good seats, I was happy. Very happy. Especially since the game involved a grand slam the minute I sat down, extra innings and garlic fries. What more could a girl ask for?? Our seats were good but very much in the sun. And, of course, stupid me to give a thought towards sun block so I've got some color and a bit of a burn, but it was well worth it. The only sad part was that I didn't get a hot link. I tried but the concession stand I was at. (Since last night's trip to Berkeley and the talk of Top Dog, a hot link has sounded really good.)

Through the course of the game I couldn't help but notice the dragon flies; they were all over our section. At one point me and the under-10-year-old boy across the aisle from us both exclaimed "Dragon fly! Dragon fly!" as one flew right by us. There were so many dragon flies that it got me to thinking... In all the years that I've lived here in the city I don't think I've ever seen a dragon fly, and especially not a half-dozen plus in one place at one time. So this is what I came up with: they were put there. Pacbell managment brought in the dragon flies to live in and around the park so that it would add a certain old school small town farm ball charm and ambience. It might sound a little ridiculous, but given that the park is a wi-fi hot spot, I'm pretty sure I'm dead on about this.

Oooh, I almost forgot the best part. Today was free clapper day. We got little orange hand clappers that in the history of give aways has to be one of the most annoying give aways in the best, most fun way possible. Not only did they make tons of noise (always a good thing), but they were the source of countless jokes and endless fun. Towards the end of the game when people started leaving and there were extra clappers strewn about I picked up another one. This one's hands spread wider than mine did (automatic Wesssside!) and because of that it made more noise. So I clapped that one harder. Then a hand fell off. I was sad at first but then I decided that I was going to clap the other side's hand off.. and I did! (It was then that I realized that I had become a 9-year-old boy.) After the game I picked up yet another clapper and continued to have a few laughs with them. But they weren't just funny. I found them to be remarkably useful. I'm going to keep using them. I may never use my real hands again. I'm using them right now.

So that was my first Pacbell Park experience, my first Giants game since high school, and I must say, it was a good one. Something I'd very much like to do again. So if anyone's interested.. let me know. =o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home