VEGAS BABY!
Yes. I finally, finally, went to Vegas (despite being raised in California) and it was great. There was eating and drinking a plenty, as was there gambling and dancing and football and more eating and more drinking. Ahh good times. I didn't gamble much because I was afraid it might turn into something scary a la Minesweeper, Spider Solitaire and Rubick's Cube, but I did gamble a very very litte and unfortunately lost it all. Other people came up some though so that was good.
There were 11 of us and we were watching Ocean's 11 so we couldn't help but assign characters to the people we were with. I won't go through all 11 but Kat Rich and I were George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Matt Damon respectively. First Rich said I should be the tech guy cuz of the whole Rubick's Cube thing (I was teaching him and two of his friends to do it over the weekend), but then we decided that I should be Matt Damon cuz I'd be a way better stalker than the one other person that was left and he'd make a good tech guy. Anyway, the 11 was rounded out with these two koreans being the brothers. It was perfect. I won't get into the details of prime rib and crab legs and free clubbing and $1/$7500 bets and 32, but here are some of the highlights and life lessons.
Highlights:
- Donkey feet.
- Three strong drinks in one night and NO yakking!
- Lions, Ferrets and Dogs, oh my!
- Portugese sausage, prime rib, crab, lobster bisque, pho, chow fun, jello shots.
- Free clubbing.
- 11-way parlay (Damn Ravens!)
- Being an instigator.
- Booby tops and high heels.
- "Why are you holding her knees?" "It's comfortable." "Let me try!"
- Crazy lightening.
Life lessons:
- Play more fun hands
- Play them before tournament hands
- Don't be too pot committed
- Know when to hold 'em
- Know when to fold 'em
- Having no tell can be the worst
- My game is wack
- NEVER. LOSE. FOCUS.
Oh and also, big ups to Kat Rich Jesse and Jordan for funding my drunkenness, and thus, my good ass time. When are we going back guys!?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home