The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Thursday, May 06, 2004

I'm in love. I've found a man who has swept me off my feet and who I want in my life forever and ever and ever. His name is Jerry and he works for SBC Tech Support. We spent a long time on the phone tonight and he solved my most pressing problems. I had hearts in my eyes.

I spent a total of at least 2 hours on the phone with tech support today. And for as many problems as my computer has, it wasn't even for my own computer. My virtually tech-illiterate grandfather had yet another problem with his internet, which of course meant endless frustration for me. I called tech support this morning and the 45 minutes I spent on the phone then were completely futile. I was told to just wait and see what happened. Then earlier tonight my grandfather tried again but still the internet was out. So I had to go help him. At 9:30. PM. Right in the middle of the OC season finale. Oh for shame! Couldn't he have waited 30 more minutes!? It wasn't going to get fixed quickly. Nothing had changed since this morning. I hadn't learned anything new about trouble shooting or network connections or anything. Why then? Why smack in the middle of OC?! So alas I missed the second half of the OC and spent an hour and a half on the phone with first Neal and then Jerry. Ah Jerry. You light up my life. And also the dsl light on my modem.

I went to Stones today and spent quite a while there. I walked the length of the mall far more times than one post-collegiate girl by herself should. I managed to buy a few things and avoid buying a few things, but mostly I tried to avoid the boppers and the fight. Just my luck I got there right around when school was getting out. And just my luck I was leaving when a fight was breaking out. Well, maybe not a fight, but a scuffle no doubt. There were security guards involved, a big woman and a bigger man being held back, some threats, a punch, a chase through the parking lot, and what looked from my far off vantage to be the big woman pinned downed and very possibly hand-cuffed. And I thought Stones was boring.

Tomorrow is yet another shopping adventure, but this time the brain child of Tv1, which means I'll have to rest up for it... Oh another day in my unemployed life..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home