The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Friday, July 02, 2004

Someone recently asked me if I was on an old computer because my profile looked weird and out of date. It was basically because I haven't updated my blog. So for my one quasi fan...

The quick recap on the past month-plus is this: I'm taking a digital editing class and everything else is exactly the same. Exactly the same. Yeah, so I'm taking this class at City which feels strange because I was at City three years ago so that I'd never have to go back, but here I am. It's like San Diego never happened. Except totally not, but that's besides the point. My class is cool and I'm probably gonna take more in the fall because I don't wanna get a real job and it makes me feel like I'm doing something and I just like school in general.

What else is there... I've been seeing a lot of movies lately after having been on a long movie-watching hiatus. I'm not entirely proud of all of them so I won't list them, but yes, I did see Harry Potter. Twice.

I was on the bus the other day and this older guy stood up because he was about to get off, and then all of a sudden his pants fell down. They just fell right down. Thank God for boxer briefs.

Oh, I turned 23. Tv1 took me out for a lovely, lovely dinner at Mecca and made me eat til I wanted to die. I suspect it's because if I actually did die there's a kidney in it for him. I jest! Dinner was great and so was the company. Alas, none of the items from the birthday list I posted showed up anywhere, not even the bear cub, but I'm told that my wish list may have been a bit unrealistic. To which I have to refer to the 'Wish' in 'Wish list' but whatever.. I got a bunch of money from the family but in retrospect there actually were some things I wanted. I suppose I could just buy them myself but it's not the same.

Money in my pocket has prompted me to go shopping even though money in pocket should ideally become money in bank, but who I'm kidding. I gave stupid Victoria's Secret too much of my money during their big ass sale, which is actually just depressing for many reasons. Shoes were bought too but those are going back. Maybe I will go buy some of things I actually want... interesting concept.

Started working out a lot more. May have led to respitory problems but thanks to some geekiness I won't get into, it's mostly taken care of. The problem with working out though really isn't the physical stuff, it's that my cd player hasn't been working well. I can't run at all because then the cd player doesn't work at all. I know that a viable solution to this is an iPod, and my mom offered up a birthday one but me being me I declined. Maybe some day when I have a job I can get one of my own... Ahh a girl can dream...

Been getting K-ified relatively a lot cuz they're the only ones around to hang out with. I won't get into it but suffice it to say that it's very scary how easy it is to fall into it.

Since I've been back int school I spend more time on the bus so I spend a lot more time reading. Time for the updated list...

Books completed in '04:
"Middlesex" - Jeffery Euginides
"The Da Vinci Code" - Dan Brown
"Interpreter of Maladies" - Jhumpa Lahiri
"The Namesake"- Jhumpa Lahiri
"The Lovely Bones" - Alice Sebold
"Angels and Demons" - Dan Brown
"James and the Giant Peach" - Roald Dahl
"Talking it Over" - Julian Barnes
"Man and Boy" - Tony Parsons
"Kokoro" - Natsume Soseki
"Series of Unfortunate Events: Bad Beginnings" - Lemony Snicket
"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" - JK Rowling
"Love, Etc" - Julian Barnes
"Orchid Fever" - Eric Hansen

I've got a short stack lined up in the To Be Read pile, but feel free to recommend some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home