So the blogging kind of fell off. Really fell off. It's been so long I just don't know how to do this anymore. I'll start with listing my books before I forget them.
Books of '05
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
- Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
- Secret Life of Bees
- Red Azalea
- China Boy
- Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing
I think that's it. The reading has kinda fallen off too. Also I've been reading wine books but I haven't actually finished any of them yet so it doesn't count. And though I have a great deal of time to read on bart, I've taken to music listening because then I don't look as dumb when I'm half asleep.
Anyway, last week was disappointing baseball week. Tuesday night I went to an A's game with my parents. As always, the seats and the garlic fries were great. Unfortunately, however, the A's lost. And it was bad. And it was to Texas. So it was really bad. But hey, first game of the season for me and it wasn't cold and the seats were great so I wasn't complaining too much. Saturday was Giants day. How freakin happy was I!? Again, seats were great. And again, unforunately, the outcome was not. It really had the potential to be a great game, what with it starting with a Moises grand slam and all. But, in true Giants fashion, the pitching fell apart and we ate it in the 9th. That was just painful. (I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm a baseball jinx..?) But I was just excited to be there. First Giants game of the season, early in the seaons. Maybe this will start a trend and I'll make it to some more games this year. Fingers crossed.
Pay checks have been burning a small hole in my pocket and I've been shopping like crazy. Well, it really hasn't been that much, but I really don't need to be buying anything. And the only thing I do need to buy is a cell phone but I still haven't been able to bring myself to that. Although maybe today is the day. I just can't seem to bring myself to spend that much money on one thing, even though I haven't had any problems dropping that much on a few items of clothing or shoes or sunglasses or some combination thereof. There's just something about cell phones.. But it seems like everyone around me is getting a new phone so maybe it's just time to take the hit. This one has had a good two year run I guess... Sigh.
I had big plans for how I was gonna spend my day off today but so far they've been utterly foiled by my laziness and the Giants game. Now that's it's the afternoon, I think it might be time to get my lazy ass rolling. Oh free time, where have you gone??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home