The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Late last night/early this morning, in the delirium of my studying I realized something. Something important. As I lay on the couch, cold of the 5:00 dawn coming through the screen of the open window, I cuddled up to five weeks worth of notes, tucked a friendly down blanket around my legs and realized this: Life would be so much happier, so much more comfortable, if I could only have a blanket with me all the time. Oh how I would like studying at the library if only I could cuddle up with my down throw at my precious 5th floor tables. And how nice would it be to take midterms with a little soft and snuggly.
Seeing a movie at a theater would be far more comfortable with a nice blankie. See something scary:..hide under the blankie! Trying to get close to someone.. share the blankie! Need to shield yourself from a barrage of popcorn and sour patch kids coming from somewhere in the far reaches of the theater.. retreat under the blankie! The blanket has infinite uses. Not to mention that besides the obvious car, plane and train rides, more blankets more of the time could mean a huge increase in comfort and happiness, thereby decreasing stress and stress related complications like ulcers and corinary problems.
As I sit here wrapped in my blanket writing this, I can't help but feel a new found admiration for Schroeder, of Peanuts fame. I know he got made fun of for always having the blue blanket but I really think that kid was onto something. Afterall, he *was* the genius of the 4th grade bunch. I know that I'll likely never put this blanket idea to the test and even if I do it won't be sweeping the nation anytime soon, but it's nice to dream... nice to cuddle up with my warm, soft blanket and dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home