Ah Valentine's day... It has come and gone, and I have to say, it wasn't at all terrible. In fact, I had a rather enjoyable day. I'm not generally a huge celebrator or dispiser of valentine's day; it's just another day. Admittedly, on and around The Day, I will occasionally look at couples with mild contempt and/or scorn, and I will occasionally look at/talk to/think of whatever particular guy with just a smidgen of longing. But this year, none of that. Not at all. Valentine's day crept up on me like a chester, and then when it did come, I was nearly unphased. I say nearly because, instead of the afformentioned behavior, I was actually in a good mood. I don't know if it was the lack of rain and the welcomed appearance of the sun, or that I was done with a long week of midterms, or what, but I was in a good mood. I woke up inspired to run out and get candy and flowers for some of my friends. And my trip to the store was quite pleasant. The sun was out; there were guys in the flower section buying one, two, a dozen roses, a small bunch of daisies.. (it was the cutest!); I think some not bad looking guy was checking me out a little; I went and bought a yummy sandwich from this bagel place and the lady who works there was the cutest!.. overall it was just a very pleasant little shopping trip. And then when I came home I found that I had turned into my mother and I was putting festive candy into even more festive foil bags covered in hearts and topped it all off with pink ribbon.. (Okay, so maybe my mom's are better than that.. but whatever..) I have to say, it wasn't bad being my mom. I rather enjoyed it. As did I rather enjoy putting ribbon around flowers. (I don't know what it is about these flowers but they're just so cute. I can't help but admire the ones next to me in the Wyder's bottle.. It sounds ghetto, but something about it is actually quite cute.. I think it has something to do with the bottle matching the flowers.) So I did all that and then I went to deliver everything and then I just hung out. Hanging out was good. The day was so completely unspecial that it was nice. No thinking about guys, or couples, or whatever. Don't get me wrong though, there are a couple boys out there who I really would not have minded as my valentine.. (Hey you.. yeah you.. how you doing?) But anyway yeah, I was just in a really good mood yesterday and I subsequently had a good day. All days should be as lovely. As should all days include flowers of some kind. Anyway, I'm really just starting to ramble now. That can only mean one thing: nap time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home