*WHEW* It's over. The quarter and finals, that is. I feel like this has been one of the longer weeks of my life. That crappy film final that just about put me in tears seems so long ago.. the other two went okay despite some shakey studying.. but more importantly, it's all over! Yay. That, of course, means that it's almost time to go home. I won't write another bit about all the food I want to eat when I go home (that's a given) but I will say that home holds a few interesting prospectives. I'm not exactly sure what there is prospect for, just that it is there. There are definitely some people I'd like to see (and they know it) and others I'd really like to see who might not know [which one are you??]. So I've basically got three weeks to go home, spend lots of money, eat well, and see all the people from home that I don't get to see 75+% of the year. There is quite a bit more that I had intended to blog about but I'm getting just a wee bit tired having gotten up early to study.
Here are a few things from the past few daysthat I thought were worth mentioning:
Wednesday I saw the most awesome thing. This kid was in a full wet suit, wet hair, sandy bare feet, with his surf board on the bus. He was either done with finals or just really needed to relieve his stress and go surf so he dragged his board on the bus all the way down to the beach and back. That's so cool.. Big ups to that guy.
On that same bus ride I decided to stay on the bus as it passed my stop and my apartment and treated myself to a little shopping therapy. I was ready to spend but there was nothing I really wanted. I ended up only buying one thing, but I was so ready to give my credit card to anyone who would have it. Shopping therapy, while effective, seems to lose a bit when you're dead tired. It's just not as rewarding to go shopping when the act itself only makes you more tired and adds on to the 24+ hours that you haven't slept in. Tomorrow I'll be out again, credit card in hand (which incidentally got upped to a $1200 limit which is just evil evil evil for me) looking for more shopping therapy. UTC get ready.
Yesterday I saw three guys riding down the hill on a skateboard. The same skateboard. At the same time. I kid you not. Three guys were standing real close together on a long board going down the not so scary part of Peterson. It was cute. Made me smile. Big ups to those guys too.
Today I saw two little kids running around and one of them just straight up yelling for fun. I wanted to be that kid. I wanted to run around and scream at the top of my lungs (shout out to JM) and let it all out. I know that finals are over and I should be considerably less stressed, but I dunno.. some of you people... you're killing me! Even right now as I write this I'm feeling not in the greatest of all moods ever, although granted I'm exhusted and in desperate need of sleep and my bed is screaming my name. Even still, being done isn't 100% settling. There's still the point at which I'll have to check my grades and undoubtedly be disappointed. There's still the three weeks from now when I have to come back down here and deal with some of those same issues that have been plaguing me for weeks and months. And then of course, with every day, every blog, every unproductive weekend that passes, I'm just that much closer to graduation and not knowing what I'm doing. But that is a whole different blog. For now I will focus on right now, tonight, this weekend. I'm done with finals, I'll be home in two days, and it's almost Christmas. I guess considering all that, life can't be too bad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home