After reading a few blogs tonight I was all set to write about Elliot Smith. About his music and this phase I went through and how as much I love "Miss Misery" it's really "Say Yes" that gets me and all sorts of other quasi-thought provoking things.....
That was until I read someone else's blog who happened to quote mine. They were bugged by the fact that "every now and then I plan my blogs in advance" (see previous entry.) The fact that they were bothered bothered me. So look anonymous person, sorry you're so much cooler than me because you have profound topics that you feel you need to "tackle" and write epic blogs about so that the whole world knows your thoughts. Sorry we can't all be as sensitive and have to write about our weird dreams and things we did over the weekend that turned out to be enormously symbolic once we got home and analyzed it while we were blogging about it, even though we had already planned the blog long before and had actually realized everything hours ago while on our way home in some tv-esque dream-like state. And sorry you missed my point entirely about looking forward to things that will never come. I sort of figured if anyone you would understand that... But no... Geez... We can't all be as whiney as you, Sam! Oh crap. I've said too much.
So yeah... Uh.. I haven't blogged in three weeks. What have I been doing... hmm.. I started my internship finally. Yeah, after a two week love affair with my boss's voicemail I finally started working. It's cool. Not really hard stuff but it's all good. I do, however, need a job that will pay me in something other than cds. As cool as it is to get free cds, they aren't an acceptable currency everywhere.
Did some major damage shopping today. Luckily for me it was all vicarious and very little of my own money was spent. Let me just say that a certain someone was big baller, definitely shot caller. Bought a few things of my own too. My $48, however, was a mere fraction--and a small fraction at that--of someone else's ~$900. That's some sweet sweet spendin right there.
As always I've been watching a lot of tv. Big sigh. Lately there's been a surge in foreign films (by surge I mean two) and I love the 80s Strikes back. How much do we love that show!! Michael Ian Black's dry, sarcastic wit is just a little bit sexy... uh huh..
That's really all I've got to say right now since I didn't plan this blog out and the only reason I really decided to blog at all was because I hadn't done it in a while. I will say this last thing though.
One of the lame classes I'm in is putting on a show this monday night.
FREE SHOW @ SLIM'S featuring some local rock bands.
OCT. 27th, 8pm. All ages. FREE FREE FREE.
It was my class's job to publicize it so here I am. It should be pretty decent, and if it's not, well it's free. But if you're in or around the city and lookin for something to do, GO! If I see you there I just might buy you a drink.. or at least say thanks for coming.
So again...
FREE SHOW!!! OCT. 27TH 8PM @ SLIM'S, 333 11TH.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home