The Princess Fritter: I Love Chewing Gum

Monday, March 10, 2003

I went runnin runnin for the second time in two days.. (that hasn't happened in a while) Today's run was a marked improvement over yesterday. The mark of a good run isn't how far or how long I run, or even how good I feel. The mark of a good run is how many bunnies I see. Today was an 800% improvement over yesterday. Since I didn't see any bunnies at all yesterday I wasn't really expecting to see any today, so I was happy when I saw the first two. I only managed to see 8 tonight (I think it was 8. I was running laps so it's hard to keep a totally accurate count, but I'm gonna say 8.), but that's not bad considering this is the time of year when all the new bunnies are being made. Knowing that they're out there makes me want to run more just so I can count more bunnies. Don't ask me what it is about them (strange attraction to small furry animals I guess.. ) but I've been a little obsessed with the bunnies ever since first year, even before I went here. (Billy, I think you still owe me one.) I just think it's so cool that they're running all over campus and around the parks and stuff being all cute and long-earred and bunny-like. I guess it's like the squirrels at Cal, but that's pretty cool too. (Although the bunnies here don't crawl up on your foot and take pieces of orange out of your hand to be eaten in a nearby planter box--Lisa.) This increase in bunny sightings can only mean that spring is coming soon, which just means more bunnies. Come next quarter I will be out runnin runnin to count bunnies at dusk. Judging by last year I should count well into the double digits. I'm excited. There will be bunny sightings posted, don't worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home